3/10/15

Supermoto

I bought a dirt bike a few years ago, a 2012 Honda CRF250X to be precise. I loved taking it out on the irrigation ditches and the dry river bed and way out in the desert. When I moved to Silver City, NM, I found beautiful forest trails and rolling grassland, and also what it feels like to hit the ground at 20mph... my back's still screwed up. I moved out to Fort Worth last summer and found to my dismay that there is hardly any open land, even in the largest state in the contiguous United States, every bit of land in the area seems to be privately owned. Overrun by cattle and people with more money than sense, every last bit is bought up. I guess I can't blame them, Texas is God's country.


   Anyway, I've been checking out supermoto or motards for a while now, in essence they're dirt bikes with street wheels and tires. What makes them so cool is that while they aren't the fastest they handle like nobody's business. Along with the fact that you can still jump, wheelie, and stoppie them. They're the perfect hooligan bike, when you change the tires your trading dirt trails for anything paved. Every empty parking lot, loading dock, school is now your playground. To top it off you can make them completely street legal by adding all the lights and a horn. Downside being you have to insure them, but hey if it gets stolen that full coverage will be sweet.


   So here's to not wiping out and killing myself (have had a lot of practice). I'll add progress reports as I get the bike and myself ready.





No comments:

Post a Comment